ASSESS MEDICAL RECORDS AND ANALYZE CASES
- Identify and review relevant medical records, hospital policies and procedures, other essential documents and tangible items.
- Organize, tab, and paginate medical records.
- Summarize, translate, and interpret medical records.
- Prepare chronological time lines of medical events involved in a case.
- Screen and/or investigate cases for merit.
- Define applicable standards of care (SOC).
- Define deviations from and adherence to applicable standards of care.
- Assess alleged damages and/or injuries.
- Identify factors that caused or contributed to alleged damages and/or injuries.
- Identify and recommend potential defendants.
- Identify issues of tampering with medical records.
SUPPORT THE ATTORNEY’S CASE
- Conduct literature searches and integrate literature and standards/guidelines into case analysis.
- Research and analyze the validity of research studies relied on by all parties.
- Coordinate and attend independent medical examinations (IMEs).
- Identity types of life care planners needed.
- Expand the attorney’s medical library.
SERVE AS THE ATTORNEY’S LIASON
- Interview plaintiff and defense clients, key witnesses, and experts.
- Consult with healthcare providers.
- Serve as liaison between the attorney and healthcare providers, and testifying experts, parties, witnesses, and other consultants.
WORK WITH EXPERTS AND OTHER WITNESSES
- Locate and interface with expert witnesses.
- Communicate with potential testifying experts.
- Analyze and compare expert witness reports and other work products.
- Help prepare witnesses and experts for deposition and trail.
- Serve as an expert witness and testify to the nursing standard of care (SOC).
ASSIST WITH DISCOVERY AND PREPARATION FOR COURT
- Prepare deposition and trail questions.
- Prepare interrogations.
- Review and draft responses to varies legal documents and correspondence for the attorney’s signature.
- Review, analyze, and summarize depositions, including past testimony.
- Assist in exhibit preparation.
- Attend depositions, trails, review panels, arbitration, and mediation hearings.
- Coordinate and assist in facilitating focus groups and mock trails.
- Assist in resolution of cases through alternative dispute resolution, such as arbitration and mediation.
As a member of the National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants (NACLNC), I have access to more than 4000 certified legal nurse consultants nationwide, who are available as expert witnesses on nursing issues in your legal cases. Assistance can be given in locating applicable medial expert witnesses, such as medical specialists and life-care planners.
As a member of the International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN), I have access to the IAFN website with many forensic theories and specialists.
Call Us Today At ♦ (937) 572-7022
NACLNC - National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants
IAFN - International Association of Forensic Nurses
NAPW - National Association of Professional Women
AACN - American Association of Critical Care Nurses
CCRN - Certification for Adult Critical Care Nurses
ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support
BLS - Basic Life Support
TNCC - Trauma Neuro Critical Care
PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support
CLNC - Certified Legal Nurse Consultant